Private visa is required in case you plan to stay in Russian Federation with your friends of relatives. Private visa can be valid for up to 90 days and can be issued for single or double entries. Validity dates of the visa will correspond with the ones mentioned in your invitation or telex.
To apply for Russian private visa you will need to present:
1. Passport or other travel document original and copy, which should be valid for a minimum of six months after visa's expiration date and has at least 2 blank pages which don't need to be consecutive.
If you are accompanied by a child, who does not have his/her own passport, he/she should be included in one of the parents' passport. If a child is 4 years old or senior the parents' passport should have his/her photograph.
2. Printed and signed online application form;
3. One recent passport size photo (3,5x4,5 cm.), which must be glued to the indicated space on the form;
4. ID copy;
5. Invitation or electronic invitation issued by the Russian Foreign Ministry or by the General Administration for Migration Issues of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (ex. Federal Migration Service) or its branch or direct invitation for US, EU and Japan citizens.
6. In case of a visit to the Russian Federation for urgent medical reasons / urgent treatment, or to visit a seriously ill (deceased) relative, an applicant should present a certificate issued by a medical institution or a death certificate and a document proving the kindred between the applicant and the ill or deceased relative. Passport's validity of the applicant should exceed the visa expiry date.
7. Insurance (only for EU and Israel citizens).
8. Invitation letter (only for US-citizens, who wish to apply for 3-year multiple visa, see sample)
For private visa you are required to submit the original invitation (click to see a sample of private visa invitation) or the printed electronic invitation(click to see a sample).
Please, check out consular fees and payment advisory.
For USA, EU and Japan citizens
Please note that the direct invitation letter should contain: official seal and legal address of the host institution, document registration number and date of registration, signature and name of the official authorized to invite foreigners to Russia, purpose of visit, dates of stay, names of persons invited.
For private visa for spouses or underage children of Russian citizens travelling together, please see Russian version of this website.
We would like to remind you that after receiving your passport with visa please check it for mistakes (passport number, date of birth, validity) and, if necessary, return it to the Consular Section for corrections. The Consular Section will not be responsible for any misprints in the visas, which were not brought to our attention prior to your departure from Taiwan.
Please, check out the information how to read your visa.